Mitsubishi Outlander Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just driven my 2022 Outlander AWD in two snow storms and it was terrible each time. Couldn't go faster than 30mph on the interstate even in the slightest snow with everyone else passing me at speed (big rigs, trucks and smaller cars). I can drive my Chevrolet in the snow with no issues and don't have Winter tires on it. Slush for the Outlander is horrible.

Been mostly happy with it except for this Winter weather issue.

The Outlander has 16k miles on the factory installed tires. I'm looking for a Winter tire set up. Has anyone else had problems with their Outlander in the snow? Does anyone have experience with Winter tires for these?

· Registered
6 Posts
Maybe a silly question, did you have it in snow mode? I do also have a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trail hawk. I know its not a comparison for off road but it has great all terrain tires. You may want to go that route when you are due for tires.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good suggestion, It was in snow mode. I called the dealer yesterday and they advised the factory put performance summer tires on my outlander. They do still have the M and S rating on the side. Had difficulty finding studded tires so I've just ordered Pirelli winter tires with the three mountain peak rating from Sam's Club. They're not studded but there is limited choice in that size for any winter tires. I wanted a cheaper winter tire but with fitting and everything that was about the best deal. Those Pirellis were expensive and should be on in two weeks. The handling was so bad I'm putting on winter tires so there is no question if the tires are causing the problem. If it's still bad then I'll have to work out how to avoid driving it on snow. I decided to stick with original tire size in case other sizes would affect the warranty.

· Registered
14 Posts
good suggestion, It was in snow mode. I called the dealer yesterday and they advised the factory put performance summer tires on my outlander. They do still have the M and S rating on the side. Had difficulty finding studded tires so I've just ordered Pirelli winter tires with the three mountain peak rating from Sam's Club. They're not studded but there is limited choice in that size for any winter tires. I wanted a cheaper winter tire but with fitting and everything that was about the best deal. Those Pirellis were expensive and should be on in two weeks. The handling was so bad I'm putting on winter tires so there is no question if the tires are causing the problem. If it's still bad then I'll have to work out how to avoid driving it on snow. I decided to stick with original tire size in case other sizes would affect the warranty.
I live in northern NH and we see the whole range of winter road conditions between November and April. My 2022 Outlander ES has done a commendable job so far, equipped with a set of Pirelli Scorpion winter tires. I'm very pleased with this setup.

· Registered
9 Posts
"All Season" tires are really 3-season tires. The M+S rating has not changed since the 1970s and is only good for 'light winter conditions above 45F'.
The cheapest 3PMS rated winter tires from any known brand will out perform the factory tires. Here in Canada we have independent tire reviews from the APA with an option for every budget.
My personal picks:
Best - Bridgestone Blizzaks. Costco has some good deals on these.
Mid - Pirelli Ice Zero FR
Budget - GT Radial Winter Pro 2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts