Mitsubishi Outlander Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just reporting here for reportings sake. Last night drove to the gas station to get a diet mountain dew. The radio was frozen, I could swipe left and right, but no physical buttons or screen buttons would work. I couldn't turn the radio off/on. The issues resolved itself after I shut the car off, left for 5 minutes and returned.

Just a software glitch I'm sure. Definitely an issue with buying a new generation of car on the first year.

· Registered
2 Posts
Mine is the volume froze in one volume setting, turn-up the volume or turn-down the volume and still the same. It resolved also itself after shutting down the engine for 5 mins. It does it to me quite a number of times already. Complaint to the dealership and can't find the reason why..

· Registered
83 Posts
There is a recall here in australia to update the system software in the Smartphone display audio unit, which fixes a screen freezing concern that could potentially shut down the display permanently. Check with your dealer if it is available or needed over there

· Registered
2 Posts
Mine is the volume froze in one volume setting, turn-up the volume or turn-down the volume and still the same. It resolved also itself after shutting down the engine for 5 mins. It does it to me quite a number of times already. Complaint to the dealership and can't find the reason why..
Same here. Were you able to fix this?

· Registered
4 Posts
I am having the same radio volume trouble shut the car off and restart then its ok. I am on my 3rd radio and it just did it again today. I tried something different today when it did it went into navigation and hit home directions and when it started to give me directions the radio volume kicked on. My dealership has been in contact with tech support and they are the one telling them to replace radio after I send video of no volume control while I run the volume up and down with no change. I will be calling them tomorrow it can't be the radio at this point not happy at all.

· Registered
2023 Outlander PHEV White / Black SE
9 Posts
I am having the same problem on my brand new 2023 Outlander PHEV. Had to shut the car off and back on to get it to work. I would hope they would come up with an Over the Air Update to fix...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts