1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought new 2022 outlander sel in New York,
Does include spare tire, only small air pump,
Trying to find a spare to carry, not sure of compact spare size,
Would a Nissan Murano compact fit? There is some space for spare, but with the mini 3rd row seat, not sure if it would fit,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just bought new 2022 outlander sel in New York,
Does include spare tire, only small air pump,
Trying to find a spare to carry, not sure of compact spare size,
Would a Nissan Murano compact fit? There is some space for spare, but with the mini 3rd row seat, not sure if it would fit,
I wouldn't bother unless you have really bad roads. Tire failures are almost non existent now. My opinion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same problem-no spare. Donuts are nice, but not on a road trip. First I bought a special hitch attachment to bolt a spare tire to. It was foldable so put it down and hatch door is accessible. However, license plate is blocked and license plates have to have a light.

SOLUTION: Remove the styrofoam tray that holds the third seat head rests. Buy a full size wheel and tire to fit your 20” tires. Spare tire will fit where that tray was and there is storage between tire and 2nd seat and this does not interfere with sitting in third row, if necessary

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought one 2022 SEL, no spare but free roadside assistance.
The problem with roadside assistance is they never seem to have the correct size tire with them or available, so it will be a tow to the nearest garage/tire shop. Depending on what package (wheel/tire size) you have it may be a day or two before you’re back on your way. The lack of a spare option is huge negative to many of us.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wouldn't bother unless you have really bad roads. Tire failures are almost non existent now. My opinion.
Tire failure is a constant way of life for many people that do a lot of driving and live in rural areas. I stop and help folks change their flats on a regular basis here in Wild Wonderful West Virginia. Spare tire options are very important to some of us.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The problem with roadside assistance is they never seem to have the correct size tire with them or available, so it will be a tow to the nearest garage/tire shop. Depending on what package (wheel/tire size) you have it may be a day or two before you’re back on your way. The lack of a spare option is huge negative to many of us.
SOLUTION: Remove the styrofoam tray that holds the third seat head rests. Buy a full size wheel and tire to fit your 20” tires. Spare tire will fit where that tray was and there is storage between tire and 2nd seat and this does not interfere with sitting in third row, if necessary

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m going with a temporary/donut spare for now. I honestly plan to part ways with my 2022 SEL Touring just as soon as I can find a Palisade with the proper options. Coming from a 2013 Traverse I just can’t deal with the small size of the Outlander. I have a pretty bad case of buyers remorse at this point.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hes righton the taking out the foam tray. It was a hit tricky, but i basically push the bottom tray ahead, while bringing the closest part to me upward. Theres 2 pieces that seem to stick out which kinda locks it in. With enough pressure, it comes out and nothing breaks. I took it out just for more storage underneath.

I was hoping to take out the third row completely but seems to be attached to wires and what not. Didnt want to mess with it. However for the eclipse cross i had i took everything out including the spare tire and its holder, it gave me good amount extra space.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.