Mitsubishi Outlander Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Having problem with the MAP UPDATE TOOL.
Did the "Select Save Map Information to USB from the Update by USB device menu."
Brought back the USB key on my computer but I always have this:

But on the USB Key I have the uploaded file from the Nav System:

A lot of info in the file including the VIN, etc...
But the MAP UPDATE TOOL is not recognizing the info.

Tried the tool on Windows 11 and on Windows 10 with no success.

Any cue?

Thanks
Marc

·
Registered
3 Posts
I tried to update the maps today and see the exact same thing. Will continue to look for a solution and post here if I find a way to get the Map Update Tool to work correctly. Frustrating as I believe I'm following the instructions exactly but get the same error window you show above.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried to update the maps today and see the exact same thing. Will continue to look for a solution and post here if I find a way to get the Map Update Tool to work correctly. Frustrating as I believe I'm following the instructions exactly but get the same error window you show above.
I'm waiting answer from Mitsubishi. Have send them the same message will wait for their answer
Thanks for trying

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to Mitsubishi Canada:
----------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, INC. We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your queries and comments.

Please be advised that currently there is not a map update for the 2022 Outlander with Mitsubishi CONNECT. The vehicle was delivered with the latest update from Tomtom.

But that doesn't explain why the USB key is not recognized.

Marc

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for posting this update. My street/house and whole neighborhood built 4 years ago doesn't exist on their maps but the maps are updated? I exist in Google Maps/Apple/MapQuest and every other online map program but not TomTom. How are they that far behind? Just makes me wonder what else they don't have on a map that they should? Thank you again for posting the reply you received, I haven't heard anything back yet.

Maybe the error message on the USB key is just using a stock error code. Seeing an Outlander 2022 and not having another map maybe they are just sending out a 'nothing to do here' error and using the USB key error as a default. I guess we have to wait until later this year whenever they are ready with a map. I was hopeful there was an update from Feb - 2022 because when I chose the Eclispe Cross at this website - Mitsubishi | Home it shows one. But it doesn't show anything for Outlander. Maybe it will just take more time.

Thanks again.
Tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
According to Mitsubishi Canada:
Thank you for contacting Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, INC. We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your queries and comments.

Please be advised that currently there is not a map update for the 2022 Outlander with Mitsubishi CONNECT. The vehicle was delivered with the latest update from Tomtom.

But that doesn't explain why the USB key is not recognized.

Marc
It scary that a Brand new Introduction of the Outlander and they installed four year old software. According to the manual the MI Pilot system uses the Navi system. That means that the MI Pilot system is outdated as well…. And it is part f their safety system.
So in reality they sold us a four year old software and safety system I. A newly launched 2022 Outlander. The factory has no answer to the problem. The service depart has no solution to the problem and TomTom has no answer to the problem. I suggest we all contact NHTSA about the problem. Hope no one uses the MI Pilot…. Depends on it… And gets into an accident!!
If the Navi is not updated.. what else is produced into this model…. That has not been updated????

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can you please let me know how to get the maps update on USB? TIA

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found this site that appears to have the downloaded map files. However, the Outlander does not have an updated North America file to use. I tried using the Eclipse Cross North America file on a USB stick but the car gave an error message that the file was for the wrong car. Here is the location I found. Mitsubishi | Home Good Luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts