Mitsubishi Outlander Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2023 PHEV SEL
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner of a 2023 PHEV here. Had it about a week. The car seems to take 19 hours to charge from empty on a 110v 15amp circuit using the oem level 1 evse. I've tried different outlets, different houses, different lengths of wiring from the breaker, different ages of wiring from recent (last 2 years) to older, nothing else plugged into any of the outlets, and the draw is the same in all instances: 1.1kWh or 10 amps.

I get the same result when using a different oem level 1 evse so I believe it's the vehicle that is drawing at this level.

Wondering what others are experiencing from a regular 15amp household outlet?

· Registered
7 Posts
something up there i think im getting around 12 hrs . mine is a 2023 also so i really haven't had time to figure it all out . sounds like something off with your eves or onboard charger . if you can find another eves to use , maybe from dealer , just to check that it would be a good start .

· Registered
2023 PHEV SEL
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 2023 PHEV takes about 8 hours for full charge from 30amp 240volt level 2 charger installed in my garage
That makes sense. With that power, the charger is drawing its max rate of 3kWh. I'm still not sure why mine is only drawing 1.1kW or 10amps when it could be drawing 1.3kW or 12 amps on a 110v 15amp circuit.

· Registered
2023 PHEV SEL
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't think so, the oem evse's can go up to 12amps. I think the car is limiting the draw. Maybe its the colder temps and it's using part of the charge to keep the battery at a decent temp?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts