Mitsubishi Outlander Forum banner

Anybody install a trailer wiring harness on 2023 PHEV?

3078 Views 29 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Melon16
Any listing I can find says up to 2022, does NOT fit 2023? MZ315081 fits up to the 2022.... Any info as to where or how would be greatly appreciated. I'm able to build my own but have concern about causing can-bus errors?
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
When you locate and install the wiring harness ,please provide details : source, cost,install details, please and Thank You.
Everything goes back on, loosening/removing those nuts is temporary to slide the hitch on and get the bolts installed.
Installed the Curt 13487 on the 2023 Outlander PHEV and it went well - thanks to all for the advice and direction. Also followed the advice wrt the pump on the passenger side. I initially tightened the two nuts to the pump once a had a couple of bolts in place on the hitch but found I had to loosen them again to tighten the bolt properly.
Reactions: 1
Just had to loosen it a little on mine no big deal.
Any listing I can find says up to 2022, does NOT fit 2023? MZ315081 fits up to the 2022.... Any info as to where or how would be greatly appreciated. I'm able to build my own but have concern about causing can-bus errors?
I ordered my 2023 mitsubishi Outander PHEV 40th Ed last Novermber with one of the thing I said was a deal breaker being a tow package. I was promise it would have it delivered with it. No, picked it up early February without one and told it need some re-engineered to fir. the next moth it would be ready in another month. first service I was told it was not the hitch but the wiring harness. and it would be ready in a couple of months. Next Service (11500miles) and I am told it will be ready in June and don't ask until late June. Now this post is saying mid summer. I ordered it and it is financed and paid fora already. But Mitsibushi expects us, inmy case, wait 8 or more months from the time the car was ordered for this tow package and Than hopefully have it maybe mid summer in the middle of the season when the customer would need it most. Is Mitsubishi CEOs stupid. Or is is something simple like, their engineers need to but down that Bud Lite, drink some whiskey, Pull their head out of their Third Point of Contact and get the job done. The car would be great but for the onething I explicitly told the sales person I had to have on a new vehicle, a factory Tow Package.
See less See more
I ordered my 2023 mitsubishi Outander PHEV 40th Ed last Novermber with one of the thing I said was a deal breaker being a tow package. I was promise it would have it delivered with it. No, picked it up early February without one and told it need some re-engineered to fir. the next moth it would be ready in another month. first service I was told it was not the hitch but the wiring harness. and it would be ready in a couple of months. Next Service (11500miles) and I am told it will be ready in June and don't ask until late June. Now this post is saying mid summer. I ordered it and it is financed and paid fora already. But Mitsibushi expects us, inmy case, wait 8 or more months from the time the car was ordered for this tow package and Than hopefully have it maybe mid summer in the middle of the season when the customer would need it most. Is Mitsubishi CEOs stupid. Or is is something simple like, their engineers need to but down that Bud Lite, drink some whiskey, Pull their head out of their Third Point of Contact and get the job done. The car would be great but for the onething I explicitly told the sales person I had to have on a new vehicle, a factory Tow Package.
Its not the wiring, the hitch is the issue. It fits but transport canada has yet to approve it on the phevs for collisions.
Reactions: 1
Its not the wiring, the hitch is the issue. It fits but transport canada has yet to approve it on the phevs for collisions.
He's in the US
@thomas.cl.johnson I think we all understand your frustration, I was told the same thing when I ordered my Outlander ("yeah sure we'll include the tow package in the sale and install before delivery")...then no tow package available.

But in the time it took for you to write that huge rant, you could've already ordered the hitch and wiring harness mentioned throughout this thread in previous posts!🤣 Should cost you about $350 in parts, and maybe a few hundred more if you decide to pay a U-Haul place to install everything.

It should be a pretty simple matter to get your dealership to refund the price of the "tow package".
He's in the US
My bad most of the original posting was from canadians
21 - 30 of 30 Posts