Mitsubishi Outlander Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm knew here ,I have an08 outlander 2 with a leaking diesel tank I've been trying to get one but all have top vent pipes mine is in the rear side ,can anyone tell me if I can fit top vent type tank
Many thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I'm knew here ,I have an08 outlander 2 with a leaking diesel tank I've been trying to get one but all have top vent pipes mine is in the rear side ,can anyone tell me if I can fit top vent type tank
Many thanks
Did you get any help with this ? I have the same problem, looks like there are two types of diesel tanks for this model..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No mate , you have to fit the one with vent at back of tank, something to do with VW engine connections

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was at a garage yesterday and there are two types of diesel tanks for this year, so I went to a Mitsubishi garage, gave them my reg number and they could match the correct tank for the car. Luckily I got to know this or I could have wasted money ordering the wrong tank. What a hassle... only bought the car last weekend aswell :( , thankfully it was the other half of the tank that rusted, so I can drive on a half tank till I get the tank replaced :), new tank will cost about 400 euro and the work bewteen 350 and 400 euro :(. I live in Sweden so you might be able to get help getting the right tank part number from a Mitsubishi garage where you are. Good luck mate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts