Mitsubishi Outlander Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Through my daughter in FL who has a 2022 Outlander as well, will have it looked at when she has her oil changed. The dealers are aware and I've seen pictures and heard of how they are correcting it. I'd contact your service dept. I haven't called yet. Also, check your your pressure! My daughter's as well as mine were at 51lbs. If you reduce to 36 or 37, it will drastically reduce shaking!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone know if Mitsubishi fixed the front hood issue on the 2022 Outlanders? Highway driving, the hood would rattle and look like it wants to fly off. Even accompanied with a noise.
Hello, I’m just wondering if you have an update on your hood issue?
I purchased 2022 Outlander in July. I’ve been corresponding in writing ( emails with Mitsubishi Canada. ). If you want their email, let me know. My hood, lifts and flutters at speeds over 90km.
I have been to the local dealer three times, the service department applied the “TSB/technical Service Bulletin” fix ….i can tell you that the TSB service is just some weather shield tape around the interior hood, they tighten latch and slightly raise the hood bumpers. Big deal, it didn’t change things. It does NOT take a physics expert to understand that a large hood which is fluttering, rattling and lifting will eventually contribute to wear and erode latches and the hinges. This constant lifting, rattling and fluttering has to be straining the hood latches and the back hinges near the windshield . Surely over time, this is a safety issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased 2022 Outlander in July. I’ve been corresponding in writing ( emails with Mitsubishi Canada. ). If you want their email, let me know. My hood, lifts and flutters at speeds over 90km.
I have been to the local dealer three times, the service department applied the “TSB/technical Service Bulletin” fix ….i can tell you that the TSB service is just some weather shield tape around the interior hood, they tighten latch and slightly raise the hood bumpers. Big deal, it didn’t change things. It does NOT take a physics expert to understand that a large hood which is fluttering, rattling and lifting will eventually contribute to wear and erode latches and the hinges. This constant lifting, rattling and fluttering has to be straining the hood latches and the back hinges near the windshield . Surely over time, this is a safety issue.
Check out the facebook page called "2022 Mitsubishi Outlander" link 2022 Mitsubishi Outlanders
Many discussions here about it but it appears that there is still no ultimate fix yet. It's beyond frustrating as this is a bigger issue than most people realize for the reasons you mentioned.
I don't get my Outlander (2022 GT model) until Sept. 12th week and the dealership said the new incoming ones don't have the issue....this is yet to be proven. I will test drive first and if it flutters, I'm not going to buy it. I also heard many people on that facebook page say the dealers are telling them a fix is coming soon....but I don't think that is true, especially if they are still producing this car with this known issue and knowing they would have to do a major recall eventually. I'll be posting on that fb page when I go get/or not get my new outlander. If mine doesn't truly have the issue, then i'm sure they have figured it out and a real fix will be out soon for the early production ones.

·
Registered
2 Posts
PS did Mitsubishi write back? I'm also in Canada...buying mine in Hamilton, ON

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check out the facebook page called "2022 Mitsubishi Outlander" link 2022 Mitsubishi Outlanders
Many discussions here about it but it appears that there is still no ultimate fix yet. It's beyond frustrating as this is a bigger issue than most people realize for the reasons you mentioned.
I don't get my Outlander (2022 GT model) until Sept. 12th week and the dealership said the new incoming ones don't have the issue....this is yet to be proven. I will test drive first and if it flutters, I'm not going to buy it. I also heard many people on that facebook page say the dealers are telling them a fix is coming soon....but I don't think that is true, especially if they are still producing this car with this known issue and knowing they would have to do a major recall eventually. I'll be posting on that fb page when I go get/or not get my new outlander. If mine doesn't truly have the issue, then i'm sure they have figured it out and a real fix will be out soon for the early production ones.
picked up my wife’s le last week 9/23 took it out on highway Sunday scared the daylights out of us thought hood was cominf off going to dealer today

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
picked up my wife’s le last week 9/23 took it out on highway Sunday scared the daylights out of us thought hood was cominf off going to dealer today
I had one on order, they told me the”new” ones coming in wouldn’t have the issue. In came in 3 weeks ago…same issue, I didn’t buy it. I purchased a Hyundai Santa Fe Calligraphy instead. More money but so much better quality wise. Mitsubishi is not handling this issue well. Seems like a lot of “a fix is coming” etc. Trust me, they knew about the issue before the first production. My suggestion, If you can return it, do it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts