Mitsubishi Outlander Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Check out the facebook page called "2022 Mitsubishi Outlander" link 2022 Mitsubishi Outlanders
Many discussions here about it but it appears that there is still no ultimate fix yet. It's beyond frustrating as this is a bigger issue than most people realize for the reasons you mentioned.
I don't get my Outlander (2022 GT model) until Sept. 12th week and the dealership said the new incoming ones don't have the issue....this is yet to be proven. I will test drive first and if it flutters, I'm not going to buy it. I also heard many people on that facebook page say the dealers are telling them a fix is coming soon....but I don't think that is true, especially if they are still producing this car with this known issue and knowing they would have to do a major recall eventually. I'll be posting on that fb page when I go get/or not get my new outlander. If mine doesn't truly have the issue, then i'm sure they have figured it out and a real fix will be out soon for the early production ones.
I reduced the air pressure to recommended pressure, the shaking reduced drastically. I don't feel it necessary to check further. I will check at next service though for any updates, did you buy one? I'm overall very happy with the car. It's brand new work a lot of technology, bound to be glitches.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have also had the issue with being to the dealer over 5 times for the same concern as well as issues with the radio, power windows, and now the trunk latch is acting up.
Mitsubishi said they would not buy the vehicle back and they have released a brand new style of hood to resolve the issue, if it doesn’t resolve the issue then most likely we would seek legal counsel. We had over 80mph winds in Colorado and my wife had to pull off the highway because it was dragging the car across the lanes of traffic due to the amount of air flow underneath, this is by and large a safety concern and the vehicle should not have been sold to us in the state of its manufacturing, it has been a nightmare dealing with Mitsubishi, and I’ve been a very loyal Mitsubishi customer for the last decade. They knew about the hood issue and failed to disclose it at the time of the vehicle sale, otherwise we would not have purchased it with this major defect. Not to mention the slew of electrical gremlins it has going on now.
Maybe shouldn't drive high profile vehicles in high winds, as recommended by weather service. I'd you have to, reduce speed and be cautious.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did you get it fixed yet? I have the same issue
No, I talked to a dealer/maintenance guy and he said he ordered the parts but I never followed up. I just reduced the air pressure to recommended levels, I don't notice it as much.. they rolled us out with
storage pressures, made the vibration worse. I don't worry about it now, maybe next service..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dealers do have repair options now for them. Early cars have a revisiion to the rubber bump stops, and later models have replacement hoods available. But as they will need painting this will take a couple of visits to organise
I'll check with my dealer, it is a lot of money to not be right..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts