Mitsubishi Outlander Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
My local dealership did the repair for me, but put me on the list to have the hood replaced, anyway. The repair did somewhat ameliorate, but not completely remedy the situation.
yep, had our hood replaced and painted, doesn’t make a difference.
Had the stereo replaced already, both front window regulators and window switches, the rear windows are acting up now. The stereo still freezes, gets stuck on map, radio tuner and song frozen. Has a knocking in the front end, the trunk latch got stuck and had to manually override it. Loud wind whistling noise from passenger front window. When we got the vehicle back after the hood was replaced, the repair order has a new recall for a fuel pump issue but no availability or eta on a fix. Vehicle got stuck at 25 mph on highway and would not accelerate. This is hands down the worst new car purchase ever. My 2016 outlander GT had no issues, and my 2013 Ralliart Lancer gave me zero issues. Far cry from what they used to be.

·
Registered
1 Posts
yep, had our hood replaced and painted, doesn’t make a difference.
Had the stereo replaced already, both front window regulators and window switches, the rear windows are acting up now. The stereo still freezes, gets stuck on map, radio tuner and song frozen. Has a knocking in the front end, the trunk latch got stuck and had to manually override it. Loud wind whistling noise from passenger front window. When we got the vehicle back after the hood was replaced, the repair order has a new recall for a fuel pump issue but no availability or eta on a fix. Vehicle got stuck at 25 mph on highway and would not accelerate. This is hands down the worst new car purchase ever. My 2016 outlander GT had no issues, and my 2013 Ralliart Lancer gave me zero issues. Far cry from what they used to be.
I think you should look into the lemon law for this particular car!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think you should look into the lemon law for this particular car!
I just got my fuel pump replaced. Finally. It was noticeable immediately when i drove it home. The power i needed was there. Few days passed, still great, feeling pretty good. Then yesterday i noticed the lack of power again. Revs high, takes a second then kicks in. Kinda frustrating. I feel maybe something else then the fuel pump. Maybe eco mode meases it up, seem to kinda stay in it. Who knows really. I gave up. As for the hood, mitsubishi canada called me to be in the list t9 get it fully replaced.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got my fuel pump replaced. Finally. It was noticeable immediately when i drove it home. The power i needed was there. Few days passed, still great, feeling pretty good. Then yesterday i noticed the lack of power again. Revs high, takes a second then kicks in. Kinda frustrating. I feel maybe something else then the fuel pump. Maybe eco mode meases it up, seem to kinda stay in it. Who knows really. I gave up. As for the hood, mitsubishi canada called me to be in the list t9 get it fully replaced.
We had our fuel pump replaced as well, and experienced the lack of power and unable to go over 30mph again.
the hood was replaced and it too still experiences Fluttering over bumps and highway speeds.
the audio unit still doesn’t work and freezes, it too has been replaced.
Very frustrating dealing with these issues Mitsubishi refused buying it back.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts