Mitsubishi Outlander Forum banner

Outlander only clicks but will not start

6K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Tewin777 
#1 ·
only clicks but will not start, fyi it was -17 Last night F.
I did have to manually lock the car , will try to charge battery after work.
im hoping that it since it will not lock electronically.
but all i have seen is bad starter or solenoid?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
If the car won't lock electronically AND you get clicking when trying to start, it 100% sounds like the battery to me.
And good call on charging the battery, Boosting it will put excess wear on the charging system.

IF you need a new battery, get one from Costco. There are only 3 major lead acid battery producers. Costco's Kirkland uses Johnson Controls IIRC, so it's as "good" as any other major brand because it's identical in every way. The reason you want Costco is because they have a crazy 96 month warranty. The first 4 years, (48 months), you can even swap the battery at the return counter for free.
Thanks for the response, wifey says i watch too many Scotty Kilmer video's! HA HA. Charged it and got it going this morning. Got a neighbor who is a member see about replacing the battery. As for jump starting, i do this technic since the computers in cars today are easily damaged. I connect the cable to my battery connect positive lead to her battery start the car and connect ground to something metal that is grounded and let it run for 10 mins. disconnect the leads and try and start it up. I believe i read that somewhere, Oh how times have changed! BTW thanks again!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.