Mitsubishi released their latest sales numbers and Outlander sales are up 55.9% compared to Q2 2021!
Outlander PHEV sales are also up compared to Q2 2021.
Mitsubishi Motors Reports Second Quarter 2022 Sales, Outlander Sales Performance Continues to Lead the Way
Having recently celebrated 40 years of business operations in the United States, Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) today reported second quarter 2022 sales.
- Outlander racks up five consecutive quarters of record retail sales, the best year of sales since the nameplate was introduced in 2002
- Outlander quarterly retail sales up 55.9% compared to Q2 2021
- Outlander PHEV and Eclipse Cross retail sales up year-over-year
The 2022 Outlander has earned outstanding customer and media accolades since launching in February of 2021. In that time, the seven-passenger SUV marked its best-four consecutive-quarters of retail-only sales since the nameplate was introduced in the U.S. more than 20 years ago. April represented the fourth-best single retail month ever for Outlander.
Other notable sales successes included Eclipse Cross, with 5,712 retail sales in the first half, up 31% over the same period last year, and Outlander PHEV, with 1,126 retail sales across the first half of the year, a 76% improvement over the first half of 2021.
Total vehicle sales across the entire Mitsubishi lineup stands at 21,872 for the quarter, with Outlander representing 46.8% % of total sales by volume – followed by Outlander Sport at 22.4% and Eclipse Cross at 7.9%.
As is the case across the industry, MMNA's dealer partners continue to see inventory impacted by supply chain challenges and remain well below customer demand.
News and Notes
- Mitsubishi Motors' all-new 2023 Outlander Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) was displayed at the Twin Cities Auto Show, a logical event given that the St Paul metro area is the largest single market in the U.S. for Outlander PHEV. Outlander PHEV is the world's best-selling plug-in hybrid SUV. The all-new, seven-seat, plug-in hybrid will be available in dealerships later this year.
- MMNA announced an industry-leading work-from-home policy earlier this year, a benefit more common among cutting-edge technology companies than automotive brands.
- On June 1, MMNA formally kicked off its partnership with Santander Consumer, USA, to provide retail financing and leasing options to its customers and dealer partners. Santander brings extensive experience in auto financing, and a clear focus on helping Mitsubishi Motors' customers.