Mitsubishi Outlander Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2022 Outlander AWD with about 8000 miles on it and lately I have been getting 19 MPG on local driving and around 350 on highway with a full tank of gas. Not sure if the cold weather has anything to do with this, but driving around at 25mph in auto mode, I have noticed that it goes into 2nd gear and the tach would read 2100 rpm. Like it was stuck there and wouldn't shift into a higher gear to bring the rpm down.Has anyone experienced poor fuel economy with their 2022 outlander?

· Registered
9 Posts
I’ve had a ‘22 SEL about a year now and the mileage is definitely nothing to brag about. It takes a further dump on winter gas, for whatever reason. You can sense the changeover and see it in the mileage. My average, with no change in commute, has dropped from 25.5 to 23.5 just with the change in season and gas.

My mileage is a 60/40 combination of highway and city. I don’t get it. Either Mitsubishi or Nissan I’m sure has engines sitting on the shelf that could get similar mileage with more power and torque.

So, yeah… this is normal.

· Registered
3 Posts
Okay first to determine fuel economy manually which is most accurate. Reset trip to 0 then Fill the tank, then drive normally for the tank or at least half the tank. Fill tank and note the trip milage and the gallons it took to fill the tank and divide the two for true miles per gallon calculation.

Do this and you will see your accurate mpg.

Thanks
AM

· Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2022 Outlander AWD with about 8000 miles on it and lately I have been getting 19 MPG on local driving and around 350 on highway with a full tank of gas. Not sure if the cold weather has anything to do with this, but driving around at 25mph in auto mode, I have noticed that it goes into 2nd gear and the tach would read 2100 rpm. Like it was stuck there and wouldn't shift into a higher gear to bring the rpm down.Has anyone experienced poor fuel economy with their 2022 outlander?
I am getting 34.1 approx. I. NJ traffic. See attached

Attachments

· Registered
2022 Outlander SE
2 Posts
I noticed the same thing with the high RPMs in very cold temps. It will last for about 10 minutes then drop back to a normal idle. Only doing it in temps in the 20s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts