Mitsubishi Outlander Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. New here, but don't own an outlander. My wife and I were looking at the Nissan Rogue SL, and I found out the outlander shares many things from the Rogue. We are intrigued by the power folding mirrors, headlight washers, and 3rd row seats for kids that the Rogue doesn't offer while still getting good MPG. We have a 15 Tacoma and 21 Titan, so fuel efficient is the name of the game this time. Maybe in 2023 the outlander with get the 1.5T from the rogue? We are looking at the Outlander SEL Touring and its still 3K cheaper than a Rogue Platinum with the same options. My question is, I see that the Outlander doesn't have remote start on the fob, but it does on the connect app. I don't mind the app, but it is just faster and easier by the fob and something the Rogue and other 2 trucks have. Has anybody thought about programming a Nissan fob with the remote start button to see if it works? It seems the Mits and the Nissan Fobs are identical with the outer case being different. I feel that since it can be remote started by app, then with a Nissan fob with a remote start button, it should remote start by the key fob. Does anybody have any input on this? Tried it?

Also... The Rogue has the intelligent climate control when remote started, so it turns on the A/C, heat, heated seats, etc depending on the temp. Does the Outlander have that feature too?

Thanks Brian.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts