Mitsubishi Outlander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

My Outlander 2011 2.4 CVT is making strange noise when driving - something like ticking / squeaking. Noise is starting at speed about 70kmh only when cruising and stops at speed 90kmh (or it's just too loud to hear it). If accelerating or slowing - no noise. I tried to take a record, but unfortunately outlander is pretty loud, and the noise is not hearable. Any ideas? I really hope it is not CVT.
Thanks in advance for your comments.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. No, on low speed no noise. Noise start about on 70kmh speed.
Additional information - strange noise start at speed 70kmh and is hearable also at speed 100kmh, but since car is pretty loud inside, the noise is not so hearable. And only when cruising constant speed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There's a good chance that the CVT could be it.
Have you taken it to a mechanic yet? Even just to get an opinion and some insight on what it could be? I bet if they ran a scan tool on the ECU it might help pin point on what could be the issue.

·
Registered
19 Posts
There's a good chance that the CVT could be it.
Have you taken it to a mechanic yet? Even just to get an opinion and some insight on what it could be? I bet if they ran a scan tool on the ECU it might help pin point on what could be the issue.
It does seem like an issue with the CVT, wouldn't be the first time it's happened with Outlanders.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts