Mitsubishi Outlander Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Outlander Sport, FrontWD, 2020, 6347 miles, Black on Black
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2020 Outlander Sport, Front wheel drive, 6,000 miles, automatic CVT... New in May of 2020

This is an on going issue since the car was new, it's getting worse. Dealer service manager says, "don't worry it's under warranty for 5 years." HUH! I tried my OBD2 and no code(s) show up. Service Manager (same one wants to charge me) for a diagnostic, if nothing shows up. Also Customer Service at Mitsubishi USA is a joke.

Right around 1500 RPM's (between 1400 and 1700rpm's) the car starts to vibrate. I can feel it thru the shifter and steering wheel. A year and a half ago it was subtle vibration... Now it is worse and I can hear it by the engine noise.

Once it gets above 1700 RPM's everything is smooth going. Going up a grade the vibration is worse.

Has anyone experienced or heard of this type of problem, if so,
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

and what is the fix?

·
Registered
Outlander Sport, FrontWD, 2020, 6347 miles, Black on Black
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi DDDJ
The service manager at the dealer where I bought it from rode with me and said, "the tranny can't decide about going into 2nd gear". He felt the vibration thru the car. He said that if nothing was found that I would be charged for the diagnostic.

I took the car to a second Mitsubishi dealer (should have bought it here), mechanic rode with me and took the car in to check fluid levels, etc. Car would not vibrate when he was in the car. He tried though. He said all was in order.

A year later vibration is very noticeable, and needs fixed before I get stuck somewhere.

Seems to me that I can't be the only one that has this problem.

Thanks

sb

·
Registered
74 Posts
That service manager hasnt got a clue. They dont have multiple gears Its a CVT One gear only.

Cant think what the vibration might be.

Have you reversed into something? I recntly saw one that had the rear bar pushed back and was hitting the exhaust causing a vibration..

Sometimes the exhaust flexible section makes a noise but not vibration

·
Registered
1 Posts
Q: Is there a difference when the “ECO” setting is engaged? (Or not engaged)?

Q2: Lean on your dealership more - can they try to “reflash” the codes? Perhaps the update will reset whatever glitch is there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.