Mitsubishi Outlander Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
This "malfunction" is a warning letting you know that the feature that warns you before you rear end someone isn't working. Mine comes on all the time in snowy conditions when snow is blocking the front sensor/camera. Just clear the snow or ice and it goes away. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,

Today is exactly one month since I bought the Mitsubishi Outlander 2022 ES. Have driven around 1700kms so far. This is my first ever car that I have purchased and I'm not feeling at peace. When it stays outside in extreme cold (-20 to -30degC)for over 20..30mins..the engine would sound like its starting but would turn off. All the warning lights show up: the malfunction light, the steering wheel light(with exclamation), low fuel warning(even if there's fuel). It would do the same thing for a few times and then finally turn on with the malfunction light but disappears a few mins later once it's on the move. Unsure what the issue is. I went to the showroom immediately and the sales person just said it's extreme weather so it tends to happen and asked me to book an appointment with the service centre for diagnosis(if its covered under warranty). I feel disappointed. Any suggestions on how to deal with this situation would be greatly appreciated.
Speedometer Vehicle Odometer Car Gauge

·
Registered
1 Posts
Outlander 2022, 8 400 km
When it's cold -15 C and below this message appear
"Engine Malfunction
Power Reduced
Service NOW"

The engine seemes to have less power.

After a short drive and restarting the engin it disapire

I appent to me 3 time over the last 2 weeks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello every one,
I have a new 2022 Outlander, from 24 0f May
Pleasure use and only 2211 KM on it View attachment 224

Today in the morning started the engine and
there was the warning sign:

"Engine Malfunction, Power Reduced, Service NOW"

After restarting the engin second time in 2 min. - it disapired...
So I called the Mitsubishi servie and
They've told me that it is very serious
And you have to bring your vehicle for check up...
1.Is any one has the same problem ?
2. Hope some one knows how could it be happen with NEW vehicle?
Thanks in advance.
I had the same. I restarted, it hasn't reoccurred since. I'm in America

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same message happened on my 2022 Outlander SEL twice, both times upon starting the car in sub zero (F) weather. The first time the check engine light disappeared after restarting the car. The second time, today, it only disappeared half a day later, despite multiple restart attempts. The engine ran normally despite the reduced power message. I’ll keep you posted on what the dealer finds. I hope this turns out to be a reliable winter car. Need it up here in VT.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Same message happened on my 2022 Outlander SEL twice, both times upon starting the car in sub zero (F) weather. The first time the check engine light disappeared after restarting the car. The second time, today, it only disappeared half a day later, despite multiple restart attempts. The engine ran normally despite the reduced power message. I’ll keep you posted on what the dealer finds. I hope this turns out to be a reliable winter car. Need it up here in VT.
Thing is, mine was in the summer, in the desert. Happened the one time, no repeats. No explanation, just a glitch..

·
Registered
6 Posts
So, I’ve had the same message as photographed by Patrickboro above. Happened twice, in cold, sub-zero (F) weather. Yellow check for engine light stayed on for half a day the second time, despite multiple engine restarts.
Brought the car into the Burlington Mitsubishi dealer today (highly recommend them). They told me that they’ve seen this issue multiple times before. It is fixed by a software update. Below is a list of the fault codes that my car had stored. One of them is the reduce engine power fault, most are parking sensor codes (I get those when the front bumper is too dirty or covered with snow/ice). Also listed below is the software update they did on the car. Interestingly the car engine doesn’t run the same after this update. It is quieter, smoother (less of that direct injection clatter), less vibrations in low revs and also… wait for it… less powerful in low revs. I do like it better after the software update regardless.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So, I’ve had the same message as photographed by Patrickboro above. Happened twice, in cold, sub-zero (F) weather. Yellow check for engine light stayed on for half a day the second time, despite multiple engine restarts.
Brought the car into the Burlington Mitsubishi dealer today (highly recommend them). They told me that they’ve seen this issue multiple times before. It is fixed by a software update. Below is a list of the fault codes that my car had stored. One of them is the reduce engine power fault, most are parking sensor codes (I get those when the front bumper is too dirty or covered with snow/ice). Also listed below is the software update they did on the car. Interestingly the car engine doesn’t run the same after this update. It is quieter, smoother (less of that direct injection clatter), less vibrations in low revs and also… wait for it… less powerful in low revs. I do like it better after the software update regardless.
Did they do that at the Mitsubishi or automatic? Did you request it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello every one,

Thanks in advance.
Yes!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
This happened to me today on my brand new outlander. I’ve noticed my display glitch out a few times as well. When I started it today I noticed it idling weird light rough or noisy, then this “infamous” warning came on the next time I started it and It seemed like it didn’t have good power either.. maybe it’s shitty performance was all just in my head but considering that i suspected it not idling normal before the warning message,.. Anyway I’m sorry I bought the dam thing so I will most likely get rid of it and go back to an American car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This happened to me today on my brand new outlander. I’ve noticed my display glitch out a few times as well. When I started it today I noticed it idling weird light rough or noisy, then this “infamous” warning came on the next time I started it and It seemed like it didn’t have good power either.. maybe it’s shitty performance was all just in my head but considering that i suspected it not idling normal before the warning message,.. Anyway I’m sorry I bought the dam thing so I will most likely get rid of it and go back to an American car.
First, do you still have it? That particular glitch only happened to me once, a couple of other things, but never again. Overall I'm pleased, live the car

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello every one,

Thanks in advance.
It’s happened to me today. The car is completed new

·
Registered
14 Posts
That warning light i get often enough from kevins post. For me it was snow/ice covering the sensors meaning that feature isnt going to work when its covered, so dont expect it to. On the other note, its frustrating these issues are popping up. Im trying to get in to get my fuel pump recall fixed. The cold weather seems to make this vehicle chug gas, or its actually the fuel pump. Who knows?. I just want it to work the way it suppose to.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts